Answers are below, but don’t peek yet!
Trying solving on your own first…
What is your answer?
Here are some common answers & the processes taken to arrive at those answers:
Is your answer 27 ?
Red flower = 20
Blue flower = 5
Yellow flower = 2
If your answer is 27, you are wrong!
Is your answer 26?
20 + 20 + 20 = 60
20 + 5 + 5 = 30
5 – 2 = 3
1 (1 yellow flower) + 20 + 5 = 26
But if u look carefully the last blue flower only has 4 petals instead of 5, so the correct answer is 1+20+4 = 25!
It’s been years ago since I took this psych test. And it has never seized to intrigue me each time I re-take it…
This is the famous Blob Tree test created by behavioural psychologist Pip Wilson, who is a psycho-educational gamester and EQ developer. This test helps us to recognize and strengthen emotions, and to some extent, understand our social status in society too. Each blob figure in this picture is in a different mood and has a different position on the tree.
There are 2 parts to this test – First, find the blob-figure that resembles you the most; after that, find one that you would like to resemble.
- If you have chosen figures 1, 3, 6, or 7, then you’re a resolute person, not afraid of difficulties or obstacles.
- If you feel that one of the figures 2, 11, 12, 18, or 19 resembles you, then you’re an amiable person who is always there when your friends need you.
- The choice of figure 4 describes you as a steadfast person, who wants to achieve success without the hassle of overcoming hardships.
- Number 5 means you’re often weary and feel weak, and you have little energy for life.
- If you’ve chosen figure 9, you’re a merry and fun-loving person.
- Choosing numbers 13 or 21 means that you’ve got the tendency to keep to yourself, you’re also frequently anxious and would normally avoid other people.
- Figure 8 says that you’re a real daydreamer — you like being in your own world and away from this one.
- Choosing figures 10 and 15 describes you as a well-adapted person, content with the life you have.
- Picking number 14 signifies that you’re emotionally drained or exhausted. There is a good chance you’re facing inner emotional crisis or turmoil.
- Figure 20 is for people with a heightened sense of self-importance. You’re a born leader, and you want to be the only one people listen to.
- If your choice is figure 16, then you’re tired of supporting someone; however, you could have seen yourself as being hugged by figure 17, in that case you think of yourself as the one who is doted on.
Hope u enjoyed taking this test and discovering a little more about yourself!
If you’re an effective salesperson, it’s probably due to your aptitude for understanding your client’s frame of mind. The field of psychology offers several insights into why certain sales techniques are effective. If you can understand these insights, you’ll be able to develop an even more impressive edge in selling.
Try these time-tested and surefire sales suggestions:
1) First Impressions: Focus On Emotions
Our brains are wired to focus on emotions before logic, and first impressions have a big impact on what your client ultimately decides about your product or service. This is why it’s crucial to focus on making customers feel good on an emotional level first, before following up with facts.
2) Cognitive Dissonance: Get Clients On Board Early
Cognitive dissonance is the idea that people are committed to a certain perception of themselves, and that they will tend to avoid putting themselves in situations that negate this perception. In terms of sales, it’s effective to ask questions that will get customers “on board” in small ways early in the interaction. Having clients agree that a particular feature is useful, or that a service could save them time, makes them less likely to disagree later on.
3) Follow The Crowd: “Here’s What Our Other Customers Think…”
Humans are social, and your clients like to know that other people are benefitting from your product or service. Being able to share positive feedback from prior clients, or even simply starting a sentence with the phrase, “Here’s what our other clients have done…” can go a long way toward reassuring clients.
4) Stories, Not Statistics: The Power Of Anecdotes
Similar to the idea that emotions are more powerful than logic, anecdotes work better than statistics in convincing clients to purchase your product or service. In other words, telling the story of a single satisfied client can have more influence than citing statistics from hundreds of clients.
5) Scarcity: For A Limited Time Only
Scarcity makes people eager to buy. There are a few ways to establish scarcity in what you’re selling. You can offer an exclusive number of spots for a service, sell a limited number of items, or set a timeframe for your sale.
6) Build Confidence By Giving An Out
When your clients feel comfortable about their relationship with you, they’ll be more confident about closing on a sale. Although it might sound counterintuitive, giving clients an “out,” or otherwise maintaining a low-pressure attitude, will build your clients’ trust.
7) Reverse Psychology: Let Them Sell To Themselves
Although this point isn’t technically reverse psychology, it’s a similar idea. Give your client reasons to defend what you’re selling by mentioning that they seem to be more interested than you expected, or that you’re not sure whether a product or service is right for them. By giving a client a reason to defend what you’re selling, they’ll craft their own argument about why they should close the sale.
8) What’s In It For Them: Make Benefits Stand Out
Your clients are naturally oriented toward paying attention to risk. That’s why you need to minimize risk and make it easy for them to see the rewards of buying your product or service. What can the product do for your client in terms of saving them time, money, or effort? If something appears to be a risk, can it be reframed as a benefit? For example, does a higher price translate to more savings in the long run?
Ultimately, it’s essential to be sincere in your sales interactions. People don’t like to be manipulated, and will feel embarrassed or angry if they feel as though they’re being deceived. The tools above are most effective if they’re genuine!
Now you can go out and make your sales count today!
Put a frog in a pot of water and start heating the water. As the temperature of the water rises, the frog is able to adjust its body temperature accordingly to suit its environment. As time goes by, the frog keeps adjusting to the increase in temperature. Just when the water is about to reach boiling point, the frog has also reached its limit to adjust its temperature anymore. At that point the frog decides to jump out, but is unable to do so because it has spent all its energy in adjusting with the rising water temperature. Very soon the frog dies inside the pot!
What killed the frog?…Was it the boiling water?
The real answer to what killed the frog is its inability to Decide when it had to jump out.
Yes, sometimes, we need to learn to adjust to our changing environment, people, and events.
But we also need to know when we need to confront issues and make tough decisions. The delay in making these choices will cost us our relationships, bad business deals, unhealthy habits etc, which will ultimately lead us to our death. If we allow ourselves to be further exploited mentally, emotionally or financially any longer, we will end up as another exotic chinese frog dish!
There are times when we need to decide to call it quits, bite the bullet, and leave the scene. And we have to decide when to jump while we still have the energy to!
Hope this blesses you this week!
Negative past events can impact you in the present & your future. But the good news is that even though your history cannot be altered, you are able to make ‘peace’ with it, and disallow it from hampering you. Doing so has the power to dramatically re-destine your future by helping you ‘attract’ the positive results u yearn for.
Firstly, u must recognize moments when u are emotionally triggered or have strong reactions toward certain events. Then, traveling back in your mind to when u first had similar feelings, will help u identify where healing is required.
Here is a story about ‘William’ whom we might identify with (Real identity is not used for confidentiality reasons):
William is 39 yrs old. He gets upset & frustrated whenever he does not do things ‘perfectly’. This sense of ‘perfectionism’ has been going on for years. His attempt to do everything meticulously causes him to feel stressed, and is taking a real toll on his life. At the same time, people found being with William taxing. It takes him a long time to complete tasks or respond to simple requests etc. His friends, colleagues and family were always waiting for him. Whether William failed to uphold his status as a perfect event organiser (he works in an event company), or could not understand a certain set of instructions at a payment counter,he would inwardly chastise himself.
He had all the classic symptoms of an unhealthy Early Command called “Don’t Be A Child” (refer to my program Mindset Breakthrough for more info on early commands etc that still operate in your adult life)
When he learnt that his need to do everything perfectly and follow rules exactly might be due to past experiences that are damaging his life now, he began to embrace the idea of making peace with his past. And to set himself up for a new change…
This required him to garner his courage to confront his fears. Because his past experience/s had taught him to be fearful of not being perfect. And he compensated it with burdening himself with a weight of responsibility, to be in control of every detail & process. All these at the expense of being able to relax or chill out. He was unable to be a ‘Carefree Child’.
Thus, he needed to address his inner ‘Child’. To give his ‘Child’ permission to make the mistakes he needed to, in order to learn & grow from them. And also to free himself from this weight of responsibility to be perfect.
This had been his downfall. He had been sabotaging his life and those he loved because of this early childhood command. It has affected his belief and value systems, emotional reactions (hijacks) to situations that triggered him etc. Essentially, if he wanted to change his life, he had to reprogram his negative command/s. And it resided in his deepest layer of his subconscious mind (see below Iceberg diagram).
There were 2 things that William did to dislodge himself from the hold of his negative command:
- Re-Scripting of the critical chastisement that he often recalled his father use: “You can’t do anything well!”, “Surely you can do better than this?!” It is important to break the power of these words over him, because they fuel the command “Don’t Be A Child”. William could over-ride those past experiences with more positive scripts like “It’s ok to not be perfect” or “You are still loved even though you made a mistake”. This caused an incongruency against his negative command, and difficult for his subconscious mind to interpret and accept any longer.
- Power-Centering is a psycho-tool which installs his newly written scripts into his psyche through total-immersive programming. For new commands to take root in our subconscious, emotions must be activated. And this can be done by utilising your VAK representational systems, while verbally articulating your commands. Preferably this is done in an isolation (I personally love doing this in my morning alone-time at the beach). It helps that William gets into emotional ‘flooding’ mode too, where he ‘overwhelms’ himself to the point of frustrated release. When William does this on an initial regular basis (about 2 weeks), he is grounding & centering his emotional state against external ‘voices’ that continue to remind him of his past. Essentially, William is getting stronger by building his inner core, and his new scripts help enforce his emotional ‘force-field’ against triggers.
The above 2 strategies are taught at MB (Mindset Breakthrough), a powerful program that helps clients restructure the psychological architecture of their minds.
Like William, you too can transform your fears & blockages by healing the past, and uprooting your negative commands for good! Doing so will alter your mind’s energetic frequency / signals that you send out to the world, and attract the desired results of happiness, true freedom, health, wealth and success into your life today!
A teacher was conducting a Stress Management workshop to her students. As she showed a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, she asked: “How heavy is this glass of water?”
Her students’ answers ranged from 8 – 18 ounces.
Her response stunned the students – “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. What matters is how long I hold on to it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, my arms will start aching. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold on to it, the heavier it becomes. And the more detrimental to my health”
She continued, “The stresses & worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel incapable of doing anything.”
Remember to put the glass down.